I worked with the University of Baltimore’s Foundation Board on a #GivingTuesday social media campaign to increase donation of gifts.
Donors had the colorful challenge of donating to one of the five UB divisions –the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Public Affairs, the Merrick School of Business, the School of Law —and Langsdale Library –and a member of the University of Foundation Board would place a corresponding colored bow on the campus statue of Edgar Allan Poe. The University’s President and deans would match donations up to $22,000.
The schools and library competed with each other to see which one can garner the highest number of gifts (earning The Coveted Bowphy ) and the highest amount of donation dollars (earning the Giving Cup ).
Social Media Plan
- General promotion of the event on all UB’s social media accounts.
- Youtube videos recorded to promote each college or library within the #Bowonpoe challenge.
- Live tweeting from event account: Bowonpoe.
- Instagram Story featuring updates throughout the day.
#BowonPoe Social Media Campaign Results
- Overall Impressions: 37,319
- 192.4 percent increase in engagements
The University raised $34,578. 584 donations were received.
The #Bowonpoe campaign earned an award at the CASE District II Conference during their 2018 Accolades Award Ceremony. Placed Gold (First Place) in the creativity category.
Link to website: https://www.ubalt.edu/alumni/give-to-ub/giving-tuesday/